Wednesday, May 15, 2013

[Product Review] Milani Minerals Blush with Brush in Mai Tai

Hey Beautifuls!
I’ve just realized I haven’t done a product review since late August 2011! (Д) I know I took most of 2012 off of my blog, but I just found that insane, and shame on me! I’ve been slowly turning things around my blog and hopefully you readers enjoy. I’ve been planning to make a post every week (Ideally on Wednesdays), but that’s not a promise. Some weeks my sister will post or some weeks I won’t have any content up, do to my busy schedule. Either way I’m here to stay!

Enough of my blabbing though, to the review we go …
Description from MILANI.COM: A talc-free, non-irritating mineral-based powder blush that has been formulated with unique technology to provide a lightweight feel, natural healthy glow, true-color application and smooth finish. Contains special properties that preserves the skins energy, prevents moisture loss and restores skin’s suppleness and flexibility. Mirror and brush applicator included.
Tips: If your cheekbones are not well defined, smile and this will serve you as a guide for application. For added glow to your face, lightly apply blush on your forehead and jaw line. If you’re being photographed or video taped always add a bit more blush than the usual to brighten up your look.
More Tips and Tricks: Place a small amount of blush on brush and lightly shake off any excess powder. Apply directly to cheek bones and make sure to blend well to avoid any streak lines.
Ingredients: Mica, Kaolin, Squalane, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Potassium Sorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tourmaline, Malachite Extract.
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (Cl 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Cl 77289), Red 6 (Cl 15850), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Cl 15985), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090).
Net Weight/Fill Weight: 0.155 OZ/4.40g
Price: (Price May Vary) $6.49 $5.75

Milani cosmetics can be found at your local CVS Pharmacy, Walgreens, Target, Winn Dixie, Lawtons Drugs, Sears, and K-Mart.
If you prefer online shopping you can go to milanicosmetics.com, cvs.com, Walgreens.com, target.com, sears.com, kmart.com, drugstore.com, cherryculture.com, nonpareilboutique.com.
If you might know where else to get Milani products please post a comment below.

My Opinion/Review: This bad boy was one of my 1st Milani purchases, just because I was transitioning into a cruelty free lifestyle, and my Maybelline Mineral Power Naturally Luminous Blush in Gentle Pink (what a mouth full LOL) was far from being cruelty free LOL
 Appearance/Packaging?
Packaging is just eh. It’s your typical cheap drugstore plastic compact.
The top portion of the compact is clear, revealing the blush, and the bottom half is this gold color. The lettering at the top is fading because the print was stamped on rather then etched in the packaging.
The one thing that I do like about the packaging is that it’s a dual compact. On the top compartment is of course the product AKA the blush, and the second compartment has a mirror and holds the brush, hence the name blush with brush LOL
For sure in the future I'll depot this and place it in a pretty palette where it belongs. This blush needs to be put on a pedestal! LOL
Applicator/Brush?
To some it all up, I HATE THIS BRUSH! It’s too flimsy, too narrow, not enough bristles, and harsh to do anything with, and believe me I tried everything. It doesn't matter the technique I try to use with this brush, its complete crap! The best thing to do with it is toss it. It’s pretty worthless and a waste.
I honestly think if you are going to advertise a brush with a product, it better be at least a decent one.
Formula/Texture?
The formula and texture of this blush is best described as powdery, but soft like silk.
Application/Blendability?
The blush glides on nicely weather it is on top of bare skin, powder, or liquid foundation. Along with great application the blendability is quite easy, not effortless but really easy to blend out.
Color/Pigmentation/Finish?
Beside the color I have now (Mai Tai) you can so get 3 more shades in Luminous, Sunset Beach, and Sweet Rose.
Mai Tai is best described as a vibrant Pinky Coral.
The pigmentation on this blush is incredible; you only need the very smallest amount. I highly suggest using a dual fiber brush when applying this blush. Anything else will pick up and distribute too much product, but that’s my opinion of course.
The finish of this blush is a satin finish. I know from the packaging it looks like it would be a matte finish, but don’t be fooled. It gives you that inner glow look!
One of the best thing about this blush is it doesn’t come off ashy or chalky looking like most drugstore blushes I’ve encountered.
Fallout?
I haven’t had any problems at all with fallout.
Scent?
The scent is barley noticeable, but it does have the scent of your standard powdery makeup.
Fading?
With any blush there will be some fading especially if you didn’t apply foundation before hand. Overall this blush seems to hold on well, there is a very small amount of fading, but it isn’t too much of a big deal.
Other?
The product claims to provide a lightweight feel, natural healthy glow, true-color application, and smooth finish. And I do strongly agree with all those claims.
It also says it contains special properties that preserves the skins energy, prevents moisture loss, and restores skin’s suppleness and flexibility. Now, I don’t know about all that and I’ve had this product for a while. I neither experienced preventive moisture loss or moisture loss with this product. I haven’t noticed any restoring skin’s suppleness and flexibility. This could be because I’m young, and I still have my skin’s suppleness and flexibility LOL I’ve never lost it to restore it. I don’t know why I felt like a douche bag saying that.
I also feel this color can work so well on fair to dark skin tones. This shade is universal in my opinion! Although I think it looks best on darker complexions.
Bottom Line … This is a fantastical blush! Besides the brush being a total bust the actual product makes up for it. A down side is it is so hard to find, because Milani discontinued this Holy Grail. Although, I managed to have found it on Amazon, eBay, and CherryCulture.com
Milani replaced these blushes with there baked blushes (I heard there amazing) hopefully here soon I will get them and review them all for you.

Color Description & Swatches: Mai Tai is a vibrant Pinky Coral.

 
OVERALL SCORE = ★★★★☆

Hope You Enjoyed This Entry. Till Next Time!
(^з^)- Dizzy

*********************************************
Twitter: @DeathByDizzy
Instagram: @DeathByDizzy
Vine: (Dizzy) Ai Ellico Baja
Beauty Sets: DeathByDizzy
Total Beauty: DeathByDizzy
Beautylish: DeathByDizzy
Makeup Alley: DeathByDizzy
Pinterest: DeathByDizzy
Wanleo: DeathByDizzy
Etsy: DeathByDizzy
*********************************************

6 comments:

  1. I like the way you started you post. :) Glad you got a new review up. This color looks sweet and am wondering what it would look like on my pale skin. Must go blush shopping. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let you know if I find any info on the NYC lip color, so far no replies from the brand. I hate that! ugh! Are you getting a vox box too? Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and presentation. Must have been very time consuming to do all the research to gather all these facts.


    Stress

    ReplyDelete