Tuesday, August 23, 2011

[Product Reviews] Revlon Super Lustrous Lip-gloss in Coral Reef and Pink Whisper

Description from REVLON.COM: Silky...Sexy...Brilliant. Glossy formula combines sheer color and intense moisture with light-reflecting spheres to create amazing shine. SPF 15
Tips: Apply directly to lips for a sheer, high-shine look or over Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipstick for a more intense lip look.
Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 
Inactive Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Serica (Silk Powder), Fragance, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Benzoic Acid, BHT, 1,2 Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol
May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)
Net Weight/Fill Weight: 0.2 FL. Oz/5.9 mL
Price: (Price May Vary) $6.99 USD

Revlon can be found at your local Ahold, Albertsons, Bartell Drugs, Bilo/Bruno, CVS pharmacy, Duane Reade, Fred Meyer, Giant Eagle, Harmon Discount Health & Beauty, H-E-B, Kinney Drugs, K-Mart, Kroger, Meijer, Navarro, Pathmark, Rite Aid, Safeway, Shopko, Target, Ulta, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Wegmans, and Winn Dixie. If you prefer online shopping you can go to amazon.com, cvs.com, drugstore.com, harmondiscount.com, kmart.com, Meijer.com, riteaid.com, target.com, ulta.com, Walgreens.com, walmart.com, allcosmeticwholesale.com, and Revlon.com. If you might know where else to get Revlon products please post it as a comment.

My Opinion/Review: Of course to top of a lipstick is a beautiful lip-gloss. That’s what leaned me in to getting these Super Lustrous Lip-glosses in the first place, to top off my Super Lustrous lipsticks in Kiss Me Coral and my Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout. Plus I saw a video that said pink whisper is an excellent dupe for the Lady GaGa’s Viva Glam lip-gloss from M.A.C, which is no longer available, unfortunately. Now I’m not exactly sure, if it’s an exact dupe because I don’t own or have the Lady GaGa Viva Glam lip-gloss. But based on the swatches I’ve seen, there pretty damn close.
Appearance/Packaging?
I really like the sleek square appearance of these glosses. I also like that the tube is clear (to be able to see the product), the neck is gold (With “Revlon” engraved in it), and the cap is black (gives it a sleek finish). What don’t like about this packaging is the shiny finish; you can see my finger prints and scratch marks all over the tube, which kinda drives me bonkers!
Applicator?
This lip-gloss has a slanted doe foot applicator, which is pretty must standard. Every gloss with an applicator is bound to be a slanted doe foot applicator. I personally don’t mind it, but there are a few people out there that particularly hate it.
Application and Texture?
The application of the glosses is quite smooth. The glitter or shimmer within the glosses doesn’t affect the texture in any way, it’s not chucky or gritty.
Color/Pigmentation/Finish?
Revlon has a very wide color range of Super Lustrous Lip-glosses. I’m sure you will be able to find one color you like from this line.
The pigmentation is pretty opaque for a gloss, but I stress on the lip-gloss part, every gloss is going to be sheer, and that’s just the nature of lip-glosses.
Staying Power?
Again these are glosses and staying power is not its forte. Eating, drinking, smoking, talking is a factor in the lip-glosses staying power.
Bottom Line …
Pretty good product to get, but nothing to exciting about it. It’s just your normal lip-gloss, though is a tad more pigmented then other drugstore brands I’ve seen. I do recommend getting this, but just wait till there is a buy on get one sale at any store Revlon is sold at.

Color Description & Swatches:
Pink Whisper is a shimmery light pink or baby pink color.

Coral Reef is a pinky coral color.

Overall score: ★★★★☆

*********************************************
CURRENT MUSIC OBSESSION: Dev – Booty Bounce
DJ put that rescored on. That’s my song, that’s my shit! Poppin’ Henny XO, all these hoes on my dick. Bet you wanna see this booty bounce! LOL
Video From ---> DevVEVO
*********************************************
Hope You Enjoyed This Entry. Till Next Time!
OX Dizzy

11 comments:

  1. great post! coral reef looks amazing! but revlon lipglosses in australia average at $15-$22 :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess because they are popular in japan. they did sing the theme song for the commercial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds pretty good! The coral one is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booty Bounce, loves it!
    The gloss shades are really nice. They look natural too. :)
    Im sorry to hear about Facebook getting messed up! I hate when stuff like that happens. Blogger erased a lot of my stuff too.
    Maybe you should use the same title of this blog for a facebook account like that people who want to search for you already know you from your blog, thats what I did. I figured it makes things easier. Let me know when it's up so I can like your page. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both those shades are so pretty! I really want to try some Revlon lip glosses~

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love lip gloss so i am definitely interested in these. i think i'll go for coral reef. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Cate ♥ = Oh my ... That’s a not go! If you need anybody to get you some Revlon products you know who to go to XP

    @ Ken = Yea I guess that's true 8)

    @ Vintage Makeup = I agree 8D

    @ Venus In Virgo = LOL!
    Damn that sucks to here that, but shit happens.
    Thx for the tip, and I'll make sure to inform you when I do 8)

    @ PopBlush = Great to hear 8D

    @ Mimi = Let me know what you think, if you decide to get it 8)

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look good, like the coral reef :)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great! I'll like your profile back, let me know when it's up :) Have a great weekend XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. i always have to wear lipgloss everytime i leave the house. it's definitely a must! i really like the coral reef. it's such a pretty pink shade.
    right now, i am in love with my smashbox "baby pout".

    Have a great weekend!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ MayClover = Awesome! Coral Reef is my favorite between the 2.

    @ Venus In Virgo = Great I will do that 8)

    @ Carrie = I feel yea on that one!

    ReplyDelete