Thursday, August 18, 2011

[Product Reviews] Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Blushing Nude, Fuchsia Fusion, Iced Amethyst, and Kiss Me Coral

Description from REVLON.COM: Infused with mega-moisturizers to seal in color and softness. Find your lip color amongst a dazzling array of 72 fabulous, fashionable shades!
- Exclusive LiquiSilk™ formula with mega-moisturizers seals in color and softness
- Silky-smooth, creamy texture
- Stay true color wears evenly
Tips: To create the perfect pout, define lips by applying your choice of ColorStay® lipliner to the natural line of your lips. To further increase the wear of your lipstick, fill in lips completely. Continue by applying your favorite Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipstick shade over the lined lips.
Ingredients: Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)
Net Weight/Fill Weight: 0.15 oz/4.2 g
Price: (Price May Vary) $6.99 USD

Revlon can be found at your local Ahold, Albertsons, Bartell Drugs, Bilo/Bruno, CVS pharmacy, Duane Reade, Fred Meyer, Giant Eagle, Harmon Discount Health & Beauty, H-E-B, Kinney Drugs, K-Mart, Kroger, Meijer, Navarro, Pathmark, Rite Aid, Safeway, Shopko, Target, Ulta, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Wegmans, and Winn Dixie. amazon.com, cvs.com, drugstore.com, harmondiscount.com, kmart.com, Meijer.com, riteaid.com, target.com, ulta.com, Walgreens.com, walmart.com, and Revlon.com. If you might know where else to get Revlon products please post it as a comment.

My Opinion/Review: I’ve always been the one to pick lip-gloss over lipstick, but here lately I’ve been so fascinated with lipsticks. So one day I decided to get some Super Lustrous Lipsticks from Revlon. From what I heard Revlon is the best to start off with, plus they don’t test on animal, which is a huge bonus!
Appearance/Packaging?
Super Lustrous Lipsticks look is black sleek and shiny with a shiny gold collar. Unfortunately the shiny finish just drives me crazy, you can see fingerprints and little scratches on the tube, and it’s a bitch to deal with!
Depending on whom you are this might or might not annoy you.
I do like the fact that the name of the lipstick is on a sticker on the bottom of the tube, makes it convenient if you so happen to forget the name of the shade you’re putting on hehe, which I so often do.
Application?
The lipsticks I have gotten so far, all glide on so smoothly across my lips. I barely have to apply pressure to get the lipstick to transfer.
Color/Pigmentation/Finish?
Getting a Super Lustrous Lipstick you either end up getting a pearl or crème finish lipstick. I find the finishes on the lipsticks don’t really look all that different from one another.
And I have notice all (or at least the ones I have) has a really good pigmentation, expect Iced Amethyst, now I’m not saying it lacking pigmentation, but it on the sheer-er side from the other ones I have.
I love that Revlon has a wide range of colors you can choose from, but if you are one to try it on 1st or would like to swatch it, make sure you go to Ulta, they have samples of the Super Lustrous Lipsticks there.
Feathering or Seeping?
The longest I have worn these lipsticks are for least 12 hours, I haven't even encountered any feathering or seeping with in that time.
Moisturizing or drying?
For the first few hours these lipsticks stay pretty moisturized, but thru out the day, especially if you’re out in the hot sun these lipsticks start to dry out, and kinda makes your lips chapped as well. So either re-apply, or remove and then apply it on again.
Besides time and weather the type of lipstick can prolong or increase the time when the lipstick will start drying out. I find that the crème lipsticks dry out faster that the pearl lipsticks do.
Staying Power?
These lipsticks hold up for a very long time, of course there is a bit of fading when eating or drinking, smoking, whatever your touching against your lips repeatedly (eww don't be thinkin' nasty now LOL)
I actually went swimming with a couple of these lipsticks on and the water didn't fade or alter the color, the only down side is it will dry out the lipstick faster and ultimately get a flaky looking appearance.
Bottom Line …
No doubt I highly recommend these lipsticks. If your one to not fork up the money for a “high end brand” lipstick, Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lipsticks are an awesome cheap alterative, although I would still wait for a sale on them, for buy 1 get 1 half off; you can usually find at CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. It’s just more bang for your buck 8)

Color Description & Swatches:
Blushing Nude is a rosy nude color with a crème or semi matte finish.

Fuchsia Fusion is a bright blue based fuchsia with a pearl finish.

Iced Amethyst is a sheer pearl finish lipstick that is a dark raspberry color.

Kiss Me Coral is a bright orange-y coral with a crème or semi matte finish.

Overall score: ★★★★☆

*********************************************
CURRENT MUSIC OBSESSION: Keys of 88 – Just a Little Bit
I actually heard this song on Teen Wolf, and it was instant love. It so up beat and fun, this song makes me wanna get up and dance LOL.

Video From ---> reyesluis415
*********************************************
Hope You Enjoyed This Entry. Till Next Time! 
OX Dizzy

10 comments:

  1. 750 is gorgeous! Looks like a very wearable coral red XD I was given the iced amethyst as a gift.. looking forward to trying it out for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the lipsticks are nice! Lovely colors,
    I like the Kiss me Coral :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. revlon lipsticks are amazing!
    I really like the fuchsia fusion and the kiss me coral. ;]

    I'm having a Feather Earrings Giveaway. Come and join. :D
    Feather Earrings Giveaway!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love fucshia fusion and kiss me coral -- beautiful colors! :D

    i have some revlon lipsticks, and i am loving them! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Fuschia and Kiss Me Coral! They are SO pretty~

    I am loving the Revlon ColorBurst range and I want to try these Super Lustrous range too!! Thanks for the swatches hun!

    Btw, thank you for all your sweet comments hun~ *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking up on me! Thankfully I'm fine, the earthquake was minor, still scary!
    I got your Facebook friend request but you were unliked form the list? If you think you can hit the like button again, you seem to have been removed. Thanks XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Nic Nic = Awesome! Can't wait to see it on you 8D

    @ MayClover = Me Too hehe

    @ Carrie = Okay, I'll make sure to join 8)

    @ Mimi = Awesome to hear, I Love 'em too 8D

    @ PopBlush = LOL I'm the opposite of you

    @ Venus In Virgo = No problem hun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Kiss me coral, I really wish they had it in the UK :( It looks gorgeous! xX

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kiss me coral is soooo cute!!!

    xoxo

    http://theprevailingeffect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want kiss me coral, it's so pretty!

    http://brittanyssecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete