Monday, August 29, 2011

[Product Review] Revlon Colorburst Lip-Gloss in Hot Pink

Description from REVLON.COM: Lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5X more shine than patent leather. A pop of weightless color with vivid, mirror-like shine. Outshines everything but you!
- Micro-crystal formula for 5X the shine of patent leather
- Plush applicator shaped to curves of your lips for smooth, even application of color
- Revlon ColorBurst’s Elasticolor™ technology for rich color with a weightless feel
- Moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as sweet almond oil and vitamin E conditions and improves lip texture
- Available in 15 vibrant, on-trend shades
Tips: Apply lipgloss directly to lips, using plush applicator shaped to curves of your lips. For additional color or definition, pair with Revlon ColorBurst™ Lipstick or Revlon ColorStay™ Lip Liner.
Ingredients: Triisostearyl Citrate, Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica Silylate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cellulose, Paraffin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Phospholipids, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soluble Collagen, Galactoarabinan, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Squalane, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Ozokerite, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: MICA, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Carmine (CI 75470)].
Net Weight/Fill Weight: .02 fl oz (5.9 ml)
Price: (Price May Vary) $7.49 USD

Revlon can be found at your local Ahold, Albertsons, Bartell Drugs, Bilo/Bruno, CVS pharmacy, Duane Reade, Fred Meyer, Giant Eagle, Harmon Discount Health & Beauty, H-E-B, Kinney Drugs, K-Mart, Kroger, Meijer, Navarro, Pathmark, Rite Aid, Safeway, Shopko, Target, Ulta, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Wegmans, and Winn Dixie. If you prefer online shopping you can go to amazon.com, cvs.com, drugstore.com, harmondiscount.com, kmart.com, Meijer.com, riteaid.com, target.com, ulta.com, Walgreens.com, walmart.com, allcosmeticwholesale.com, and Revlon.com. If you might know where else to get Revlon products please post it as a comment.

My Opinion/Review: What stuck my fancy for getting this product was the opaqueness the product looks in advertisements. Just to be on the safe side I just got one Colorburst Lip-Gloss, which is in Hot Pink.
Appearance/Packaging?
I think this is one of my favorite packaging design from Revlon for there lip-gloss.

It’s chic and has cute black quilted pattern that makes it look like it’s not your average drug store lip product. Because you know how some brands like to copy other brands all the time LOL. Also like the fact the name of the color is on the bottom of the tube on a sticker, because I hate forgetting names of a product LOL.
Applicator?
This lip-gloss applicator is a doe foot, but it’s not a normal slanted doe foot applicator you usually see, but its long and paddled shaped.
I find extremely weird and slightly difficult to use, at first, but as I started using it more often I just found it difficult to use because it was something weird from the norm. Now I can happily say I actually like the applicator, but do I like it better than the standard doe foot … hum … yes I think so. Besides of the shape of the applicator, I really love the flexibility to it. It’s not flimsy by all means, but you get enough of the bendable-ness (I know not a real word) of it to give you ultimate control. Bonus points for all control freaks teehee!!
Application and Texture?
The application of the glosses are really smooth. The glitter and shimmer within the glosses doesn’t affect the texture in any way, it’s not chucky or gritty feeling or looking at all.
Color/Pigmentation/Finish?
They have about 15 colors ranging from nude to deep red to pink to brown. So if you happen to likes the looks of this product, I’m sure you can find a color you truly like yourself.
Every time I describe the pigmentation of any lip-gloss, I always stress the part that it’s a gloss and no doubt it will be sheer. But since I used this Colorburst lip-gloss, I really can’t say that anymore. The pigmentation is truly amazing for a lip-gloss, it’s like if a liquid lipstick and a lip-gloss had a baby it would be Revlon Colorburst Lip-Gloss for sure.
The lip-gloss I have (Hot Pink) is super shiny, shimmery, and glittery. Truly is like disco on my lips! The claim that Colorburst Lip-Glosses “make lips pop with 5x more shine than patent leather” isn’t true, but it’s about as shiny in my opinion.
Sticky?
Actually this lip-glosses are in a happy medium between sticky and runny, it a perfect consistency in my opinion.
Scent?
I really love the scent of this lip-gloss is like a light pure vanilla scent.
Moisturizing or drying?
This gloss is very moisturizing; it’s literally like applying lip balm on.
Staying Power?
With the factor of eating, drinking, talking, or whatever your doing with you lips, this Colorburst Lip-Gloss will definitely out last any other lip-gloss. It will last for about 4 hours, now that’s if your not drinking or eating, and just talking, but throwing dynamics in the gloss will last up to 1-2 hours at most.
Other?
I don’t now what it is, but to me this lip-gloss feels a bit heavy on the lips.
Never will I ever recommend this to you elderly ladies, the glitter and sparkles within the gloss will making it more prominent you have wrinkles around the lips.
I dislike the fact when the color of the gloss is non-existing any more, it looks like you dunk your lips into glitter, I personally think this not a cute look.
Bottom Line …
I highly, highly recommend you get these Colorburst lip-glosses! Especially if you’re one who really doesn’t like the overall sheerness of ordinary gloss.

Color Description & Swatches:
Hot Pink is a silvery shimmery cool toned Hot pink

Overall score: ★★★★☆

*********************************************
CURRENT MUSIC OBSESSION: Dev – In The Dark
Video From ---> DevVEVO
*********************************************
Hope You Enjoyed This Entry. Till Next Time!
OX Dizzy

10 comments:

  1. I really want to try some Colorburst lipglosses! Thanks for the review~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweety!! Thanks for following me on twitter, i've been so bad with blogging. I lovvveeee this lipgloss, thanks for the swatch! It looks so nice and sparkly!! I'm going to get it :) xX

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT review! The color is sooo pretty! I had a sample of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one in peony shade and I really like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Hot colors!

    How do you have time for a third blog? Lol
    I barley can finish two. I'll check it out soon XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, that's a really pretty color! i don't have a lip gloss this color. must get this one. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a really pretty shade of pink. not too dark. i love how it complements your skin tone!
    Great review :D

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only tried their lipstick from the colorburst line and I love it! This lipgloss sounds really awesome too, since you highly recommend it, I'll get one to try! Thanks for the review :)

    ryc: Thank you! I'm glad to be back too :)
    I guess I just have to try the new interface more and get used to it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this color :)
    I agree the packaging is cute! Good to know that it's also moisturizing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ PopBlush = No problem 8)

    @ PinkOrchids = I feel yea hun; I'm in the same boat too. Life just gets too crazy sometimes LOL. I'm glad you enjoyed it, let me know what you think if you so happen have to get it.

    @ Vintage Makeup = That’s awesome; I had no idea they give out samples.

    @ Nic Nic = That's the next one I'm getting hehe

    @ Venus In Virgo = LOL I know, I'm getting in over my head, but my hubby is going to be leaving for 6 month, and I need something to fill my time, to forget he has gone, you know. Plus I figured I’ll just post twice in a month so I don't become overwhelmed.

    @ Mimi = Totally do, this is a must in my opinion.

    @ Carrie = Yes it is a gorgeous pink 8)

    @ DinaXYYan = Awesome let me know if you do get on, I would love to know what you think.

    @ MayClover = Me Too!

    ReplyDelete