Sunday, July 31, 2011

[Update] What Have I Been Up Too?

Hey everyone! Did yea miss me? Hehe
Before I go on and explain myself, I really wanted to make some shout outs. I want to thank Maria (Venus in Virgo), Dewi (MayClover), and Jasmine (Vampire) for being considered for me. You ladies are so sweet and I’m so fortunate to have beautiful and awe-inspiring blogger buddies like you gals are. Seriously you girls are awesome people!

So enough with the sappy 8) I know I’ve been gone for a while now, but at the end June and the beginning of July, I had a streak of bad luck. Besides injuring myself (a lot) in the most stupidest way. There was a flood in my room because it was raining so hard, there was literally 5 feet of rain. Thank god that most of my stuff that did get soaked was clothing. Though the downside I had to pull everything out of my room and do some extreme cleaning, plus for a while there my room smelled of stale nasty water *urgh*.

I also caught a virus on my computer, which I announced on twitter, and later on my blog. I'm happy to say now it's completely gone and I learned a few tips from my computer tech, on how to avoid viruses on my computer. I think I’ll have to do a post on it someday. I know some of you would appreciate it, especially if you’re like me and your CPU is your life.

I've also got season passes to Elitch Gardens, so that's been pretty much a 2nd home to me this summer. I’ll post about Elitches in November after it closes.
Shitty Picture huh!

Other than that work has been really busy, and life in general became quite hectic.

N-E ways before I caught the virus on my CPU and all the other set backs I had a few posts to share with you all, so let's say this entry is everything I should of posted for June-ish July ......

**Makeup Look: Official Day of Summer**
The official day of summer was on Tuesday 21st June, 2011. So in spirit of the summer season, I did a summer inspired look.

This summer oranges and corals lips are what's hot! I pretty much kept this whole look very simple and fresh looking with a slight pop with coral lips.

*Brows*
= N.Y.C Classic Brow & Liner Pencil in Sable
= Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar
*Eyes*
= Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy (applied on lids and inner corner)
= Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Roach (applied on upper lash line with a cat eye effect)
= Urban Eyelash Primer Potion (applied as mascara base)
= Urban Decay Big Fatty Waterproof Mascara (applied on top lashes)
*Face/Cheeks*
= Milani Minerals Blush with Brush in Mai Tai (lightly applied on cheeks)
*Lips*
= Revlon Lustrous Lipstick in Kiss Me Coral
= Revlon Lustrous Lip-Gloss in Coral Reef


**Dizzy’s Everyday Summer Look**
With my everyday look for this summer I pretty much did the same thing as my Official Day of Summer look, expect applying more blush, minus the coral lips and pop on some bright fuchsia lipstick, added glitter to the inner corners to my eyes, and minus the Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Roach and instead tight-lined with black liner. Also I wasn’t to cheeky with mascara either 8)

*Brows*
= N.Y.C Classic Brow Pencil in Sable
= Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar
*Eyes*
= Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy (applied on lids)
= Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy (applied in the inner corners of eyes)
= Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero (used to tight-line and add to waterline)
Sephora Mascara Lash Plumper (applied on top & bottom lashes)
*Face/Cheeks*
= Milani Minerals Blush with Brush in Mai Tai (applied heavily)
*Lips*
= Revlon Lustrous Lipstick in Fuchsia Fusion

This isn’t a look for everybody, but I just love it!

**Tough Mudder Craziness! + A Happy Late B-Day Adante**
Beside my hubby’s 25th b-day, the day before his b-day he decides to attend Tough Mudder. Now he has been training for this event for 4 months straight and I’m just so proud of him for making thru it, also giving to such a good cause.
On the Tough Mudder site they describe it has:
Not your average lame-ass mud run or spirit-crushing ‘endurance’ road race. Its Ironman meets Burning Man, and it is coming to a location near you. Their 10-12 mile obstacle courses are designed by British Special Forces to test all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. Forget finish times. Simply completing a Tough Mudder is a badge of honor. Tough Mudder has raised over one million dollars for the Wounded Warrior Project.
WARNING: Tough Mudder is 3-4 times longer and MUCH TOUGHER than a typical mud run such as Warrior Dash. On average, only 78% of participants finish a Tough Mudder event. Only those in strong physical condition should enter.

Just the description alone isn’t enough to fully comprehend how grueling this race is. At 1st hand when I attended this event as a spectator, I’ve seen many people get seriously hurt and injured. I think people who run Tough Mudder is simply insane LOL.

To show you a taste of Tough Mudder I present a video Tough Mudder provides on there site, plus some pictures of my hubby going thru the race and of course some random people I took of too hehe.

Video From ---> ToughMudder




** Forth of July**
Unfortunately this 4th of July I didn’t do a makeup look like I would usually do. I guess this year I wasn’t feeling it. The only thing I did to my face is filled in my brows, curled my lashes, and applied a little highlight to the inner corners of my eyes. Nothing really that exciting, I know.

For this forth I managed to take a few pictures.
Here are the fireworks the hubby and I got.
It was funny beside I got pulled over after just getting fireworks with my hubby, and the cop was telling me he could confiscate the fireworks because it is illegal in Denver, but he was really nice and didn’t 8) close call huh.

Pictures of 4th of July inspired flowers; my mother-in-law got them, pretty right!

Here are a couple pictures my sister Reeni took on her webcam.
For my sister and I, I got these cute rockets with faces on ‘em. They actually made a big bang, and a small beautiful display. My hubby and his friend said we look like the blues brother’s in the pictures LOL.

Random pic of my sis, finding googly eyes and putting it on her lids LOL.
*********************************************
CURRENT MUSIC OBSESSION: Middle Class Rut – New Low
The 1st time I heard this sing I loved it, the lyrics really hit home for me, especially for my past.

Video From ---> middleclassrut
*********************************************
So that’s pretty much it for now, I wish you all a good week, and I’ll se yea in my next post!
XO Dizzy

12 comments:

  1. The summer inspired makeup looks great on you! I like! Haha your sister is funny :D those eyes.

    Good to hear from you! There happened a lot :O I hope it will only be better from now on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS!!! YOUR JUST AS AMAZING!
    Great photos, those people look like there having crazy fun, lol! Thanks for sharing your updates and Im glad your back online. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second look! Sorry to hear about your room, and computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ MayClover = Thank you 8)
    Yea she is so weird and random at times.
    Thanks for the wishes 8D

    @ Venus In Virgo = Thank you so very much!
    LOL Yea I think everybody was just excited about the event even the one injured, they all were big troopers.
    No problem, and me too 8)

    @ Vintage Makeup = LOL it okay. I'm just glad it been done and over with now 8D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I hope you feel waaay better now! And I hope you were able to fix your room. :D

    I really like the color of your lips in the first look! it looks so good on you. :D

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry to hear about that flood and the computer virus! :( but i am glad you are back! i can't wait for your elitch gardens post! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Carrie = I do thx!
    I'm glad you like it!

    @ Mimi = its okay, thank you for your concern. I'm glad you’re excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great weekend!
    Remember 3 days left to enter the giveaway ;)
    Hey, i tried to tweet you some Friday love but twitter is acting up and let me do only a few tweets, lol! I'll tried again later . Have a great weekend XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Venus In Virgo = Thx you! thx for reminding me too!
    Oh the sux to hear, hopefully it gets fix up soon 8)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got it! Good Luck!

    Showing some Monday love XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look so pretty in that lipstick!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Venus In Virgo = Thx 8D

    @ Nic Nic = Thank you 8)

    ReplyDelete