Friday, December 17, 2010

[Product Review] Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in Purple Haze and Heist

Description from URBANDECAY.COM: By popular demand, we created new Matte Eyeshadows that are sexy, sophisticated, and never dull. The collection comes in a wide variety of shades-from blendable earth tones to vibrant bursts of color. Pigment-rich with an ultra-soft texture, Matte Eyeshadows are low in binders, so payoff is amazing and never chalky! The classic Urban Decay subway token is dressed up with a gunmetal finish so you can tell them apart from your other Urban Decay Eyeshadows.
Tips: Combined with Eyeshadow Primer Potion, color lasts even longer and payoff is even richer. Use Eyeshadow Transforming Potion to use Matte Eyeshadows as a liner, or all over opaque color.
Chronic, Secret Service, Perversion, Cult, Purple Haze, Heist, Electric, Shakedown, Radium Ingredients: Talc, PTFE, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Boron Nitride Triclosan, Butylparaben.
All Shades May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 lake).
Fill Weight: 1.5g e 0.05 US oz.
Price: $17.00 USD

Urban Decay can be found at your local Sephora, or Ulta. If you prefer online shopping you can go to urbandecay.com, sephora.com, ulta.com, or suite7beauty.com. If you might know where else to get Urban Decay products please post it as a comment.

My Opinion/Review: I happened to get these products at suite7beauty.com, and they retailed these eyeshadows for $4.99 USD, which is a steal! The regular retail price for Urban Decay matte eyeshadows are $17.00 that means I saved about $12.01 each, not including tax and shipping. I think with this product, price is a downfall, if you can get it for cheaper, like me; definitely get your hands on it. I know I would not pay the full price for these shadows knowing I can get a better deal now or later, and that’s what you have to constantly remind your self with expensive, high end makeup even drug store brands at times. All you have to do is play the waiting game, so try to be patience, it will be worth it.
Appearance / Packaging?
The Urban Decay matte eyeshadows have the same packaging as the regular eyeshadows; the only difference is the color of the packaging. The matte eyeshadows are incased in a bronze packaging 
instead of a silver packaging.
Pigmentation?
Like any other Urban Decay product, you should know by now that the colors have great pigmentation. You rarely run into a product that’s really sheer or has a low pigmentation value. These matte eyeshadows are just amazingly pigmented, however I just wanted to say that purple haze is not the same color as you see it in the pan, true it’s a bright purple, but with a kinda hint of a berry-ish tone to it.
Blendability?
Have to admit when I hear matte eyeshadow and then blendability, it automatically = a pain in the ass for Dizzy. Never have I ran into a good matte eyeshadow that I can blend without blending it for a half an hour, and still looking like I didn’t even attempt blending it! *sigh*
It could be just these two eyeshadows I have (purple haze and heist), but to my surprise they blend very well for a matte eyeshadows, I almost wept with happiness LOL JK JK.
Fallout?
Unfortunately both eyeshadows have fall down, it’s not excessive, but it still there.
Other?
I love the texture and feel of these eyeshadows; it’s like soft velvet between the fingertips.
Bottom Line …
Overall I love these eyeshadows! All the areas expect fallout and price is all good, I definitely recommend these matte eyeshadows, and you bet I’m going to get more in the future.

Color Description & Swatches: Both eye shadows have a matte finish.

Purple Haze is a bright purple
Heist is a dusty purple

Overall Score: ★★★★☆

*********************************************
CURRENT MUSIC OBSESSION: Late Nate Alumni – Potions…

Video From ---> mkbf86
*********************************************
Hope You Enjoyed This Entry. Till Next Time!
OX Dizzy
Let me know what you think of Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadows! Love It Or Hate It?

10 comments:

  1. amazing blog ; )
    i ery like it !



    if U want follow me and write comment ;***
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh the potion primer really makes a difference! I love the colours! it reminds me of the sky in the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your a UD fanatic like me! I got both of these and love them both. I like that these aren't glittery like the other shades. They should make more mattes. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. purple haze is a really pretty shade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heist looks like a very pretty, versatile neutral eye shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. martienna --- Thank you!

    @ PinkOrchids --- Yes UDPP is my gold lol, it really does help with pigmentation and stay power. It's a great product to have.
    LOL I didn't realize the sky in the vid matched the eyeshadows.

    @ VenusInVirgo --- Yes, i think that's why i love you and your blog so much lol.
    I agree, i love the mattes UD has, it's a good break from the glitter.

    @ Dina (XYYan) --- I agree with you

    @ Nic Nic --- I agree 8D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the beautiful swatches and awesome review. I wish UD would improve the textures with less fallout. Their pigmentation though, is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi! i just wanted to wish you and your family a peaceful and happy holidays! :D

    <3, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review!! Late night alumni<3
    Merry Christmas Dizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Kristie --- You're welcome, and I agree with you 100%

    @ Mimi --- Thx so much!

    @ MayClover --- Thx! Me too 8)

    ReplyDelete