Saturday, November 13, 2010

Studio Tools 2010 Crease Brush vs. 2009 Eye Contour Brush & Review

Description from Studio Tools Packaging: For definition in the crease of your eye. This eye contour brush is ideal for eye crease work with broad tapered bristles for controlled and precise application.
Tips: Keep your brushes at there best by washing periodically with mild soap and warm water. Then let dry normally.
Price for Both 2010 & 2009 Brush: $1.99 USD (Price May Vary)

Studio Tools can be found at your local Target. If you prefer online shopping you can go to Target.com. If you might know where else to get Studio Tool products please post it as a comment.

My Opinion/Review: Before I start this review I want to address the fact that you can no longer purchase the 2009 eye contour brush. I’m only reviewing it, because I mainly want to compare it to the new 2010 crease brush (which you can purchase I believe till February or March of next year?) to show you how it did or did not improve 8)
So back to the review … The prices of the Studio Tools brushes are really amazing, and you don’t lose the quality because it’s so cheap.
Appearance?
(2010 Crease Brush) I love the all new black barrel and handle, it gives this brush a professional sleek look.
An added bonus to the appearance is the return of the name/type printed on the handle of the brush.
(2009 Eye Contour Brush) As you can see the 2009 eye contour brush has a silver barrel and a semi glossy handle. It looks nice and professional, but over time you will easily see scratches or makers on the Silver barrel.
Another down fall of this brush is that the name/type of the brush is not printed on the handle, but instead they printed the studio tools name or logo on the handle.
This might be a big deal to you, but I’m a blogger and I don’t have the greatest memory, and I would like to tell you what kind of brush I’m using or reviewing.
Is the brush made well?
(2010 Crease Brush) I’ve had this brush for a few months now and it’s held up very well. I haven’t experienced any separating from the bristles, barrel, or handle.
(2009 Eye Contour Brush) I’ve had this brush a bit longer than the 2010 crease brush, about a year or so, and as cheap as it was, it’s still holding up pretty good. Like the 2010 crease brush I haven’t experienced any separating from the bristles, barrel, or handle.
Shedding / Fly-a-ways?
(2010 Crease Brush) This brush did not shed even a little bit, especially when I deep clean this brush.
(2009 Eye Contour Brush) Ditto 8D
Bristles?
The 2010 crease brush is so much softer than the 2009 version, and the 2009 eye contour brush is pretty soft in it’s self.
The 2010 brush is more tapered to a point and it’s much denser, while the 2009 brush is fluffier and domed shaped.
 
Does it serve its purpose?
Yes, both brushes do a great job of applying shadows to the crease and blends them out nicely. The only difference between the two is that the 2010 brush gives a more smaller and concentrated color on the crease, while the 2009 brush gives a wider and softer crease color.
Bottom Line …
Overall Studio Tools really improved on there crease brush, and I’m glad to have it, it’s very handy for its price. I high recommend this brush, especially if you’re on a budget.

Overall score: ★★★★☆

*********************************************
…CURRENT MUSIC OBSESSION: Think About Life - Sweet Sixteen
*********************************************
Hope You Enjoyed This Entry. Till Next Time!
OX Dizzy
Let me know what you think of this product! Love It Or Hate It?

7 comments:

  1. you make one of the best reviews! it's so detailed, it really helps. :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crease brush sounds pretty good! Speaking of this, I really need a crease brush now :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review :) I haven't tried this brand of tools yet, but will consider it XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definatly see the difference between the two brushes and the 2010 brush looks much better and neater!

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Mimi --- Thanks 8D I try to make sure you get the aspect of the product, so you feel better on the decision of getting it or not.

    @ MayClover --- Thank you 8D

    @ Dina (XYYan) --- lOl, this brush is definitely a steal in price. Let me know if you get it and how you like it 8)

    @ VenusInVirgo --- Definitely do 8D

    @ ABIGAIL NY --- *agree
    Thank you for stopping by hope to see you again 8D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for ths review. I just found out about this brush and really wanted the 2009 version. You've convinced me that the 2010 version is perfect. THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete