Saturday, August 28, 2010

[Product Review] Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Half Baked, Chains, Midnight Cowboy, Acid Rain, Oil Slick, and Grind

Description from URBANDECAY.COM: Professionals, celebrities, and makeup junkies swoon for the wide array of shades from Urban Decay. Now you can get two pigment rich eyeshadows for a fraction of the price you’d pay for two single shades. Each one is loaded with color and contains very few binders (the stuff that holds shadow together), resulting in beautiful color that blends easily and lasts. And did we tell you what a great deal these are?
Our shadows get noticed whether you paint layers on your entire eyelid, or use a targeted eyeliner technique with a brush. Offered in a mix of textures including shimmer, glitter, duotone and metallic, you have power at your fingertips to create a ton of looks and effects. We’ve paired these sets with flattering combos in mind, but feel free to mix and match them with your other Urban Decay eyeshadows as well.
Fill Weight: 2 x 1.5g e 0.05 US oz
Half Baked & Vert Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
Midnight Cowboy Ingredients: Talc, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Acrylates Copolymer, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
Oil Slick & Crash Ingredients: Talc, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
Other Shades Ingredients: (Acid Rain, Chains, Gash, Sin, Toasted) Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
All Shades May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77400 (Bronze Powder), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)
Eyeshadow Duo Price: $19.00 USD (Valued at $34.00 USD!) (17.00 USD Each)

Urban Decay can be found at your local Sephora, or Ulta. If you prefer online shopping you can go to urbandecay.com, sephora.com, ulta.com, or allcosmeticswholesale.com. If you might know where else to get Urban Decay products please post it as a comment.

My Opinion/Review:  I love the packaging design! It’s a good break from you typical black compact like packaging. I seen somebody on YouTube depoting the UD eyeshadows, I was thinking the whole time how can you even do that? The look of it is so unique and cute 8P I guess, some people don’t care?
The formula for all the eyeshadows is easy to blend, but I wouldn’t go so far to saying there effortless. The color pigmentation is very good, but if you get a sheer color like acid rain, the color payoff is well….is sheer 8D Still if you build on the color you will get a pretty good color pay off and by adding a primer or a base, the color will appear more opaque. The staying power for all the shadows is quite good on there own, but of course I would still suggest using a primer or a base for an all nighter or for vibrancy. Now the fallout, any Urban Decay eyeshadow with glitter in it is going to have fallout and that’s what some people hate about Urban Decay eyeshadows. Yes I can admit that dealing with the glitter fallout is a pain in the ass, so I found a way to help remedy that problem. One, is to apply the shadow on your lid in a patting motion (do not sweep the shadow on). Two, is to foil the eyeshadow or apply it wet (this is just a suggestion, some people have a hard time foiling there shadows). And last, is to apply a base on the lid, something creamy enough to really grab hold to the eyeshadow and its glitter.
Overall the eyeshadows are wonderful, but the price is a bitch. So the best thing you can do is wait for a sale or do what I did and buy the eyeshadow duo pack which cost about $19.00 for 2 eyeshadows, instead of the usual $17.00 for each eyeshadow. Either way you look at it the duo pack is a good deal!
  

Color Description & Swatches:
Half Baked: subtle and lustrous bronze.
If you want to switch up your same old everyday neutral look; this color is perfect as an everyday eyeshadow. It’s just not boring and it gives a kick to your makeup look.

Chains: green with deep gold base.
This is my favorite eyeshadow now. It’s a beautiful duo tone color, which is a gold and dark mildewy green. This is a perfect fall color 8D

Midnight Cowboy: pink champagne with lots of silver glitter.
Midnight Cowboy is such a gorgeous color; I believe everybody should have it. It’s perfect to wear every day!

Acid Rain: green with gold shift.
Acid Rain is a sheer eyeshadow, so I will look great toned down, it gives you a pop of color with out being too dramatic. Yet you can pack on the color to create a bold look.

Oil Slick: black with silver glitter.
I don’t feel there is really anything too special about this eyeshadow; it’s just your basic matte black with tons of glitter, still it’s very pretty tho.

Grind: pink with big silver glitter.
When 1st looking at this color in the pan, you see a very light pink color with glitter, but when you actually apply it on or swatch it. You will see it gives a duo chrome effect. It’s a light pink base with a mid tone pink sheen on top, really cool looking!
I wish the camera pick it up so you can’t really see what I’m talking bout. But if you happen to find yourself at Sephora and they have grind eyeshadow there, swatch it and you will see what I’m saying 8D

Overall score: ★★★★☆

Hope You Enjoyed This Entry. Till Next Time!
OX Dizzy
Let me know what you think of these products! Love It Or Hate It?

10 comments:

  1. Amazing review!!

    I love UD, I have to say... I just don't like the glittery shadows as you end up with glitter all over your face, but I love the pigmentation and colours.

    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half baked is really pretty! But $17 for single e/s is really steep~
    Did you get naked palette? it's been talked about around the blogosphere :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Dina (XYYan) --- I’ve been trying to get the naked palette for a long time; it’s usually been sold out before I can get my hands on it. Hopefully I can get it for my b-day? I haven’t been able to stop talking about it; I think my BF is annoyed by now lOl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got my shirt at walmart =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I already mention your UD collection is HUGE? lol. i bought UD naked palette, can't wait to try out half baked. the swatch is so pretty! thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you'll get the palette soon! I want to get it too but i probably won't use it much :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ken --- Awesome! I love Wal-Mart! They have great clothes for a cheap price 8D

    @ Nic Nic --- LOL! I'm so jealous that you got the Naked Palette! I really can’t wait till you review it tho 8D

    @ Dina (XYYan) --- Me Too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the color of oil slick! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i ♥ Oil Slick
    ahh i love everything glitter

    ReplyDelete