Sunday, August 8, 2010

Product Review: Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar

Description from URBANDECAY.COM = Who would have thought you could pack all the tools you need for professionally styled brows into this compact little kit?!
Two shades of powder brow color are joined by a pair of high-quality mini tweezers that will eradicate the tiniest of hairs. (Really!) A mini angled brush precisely shades and sculpts. And, a hidden drawer pops open to reveal a pan of wax to set your gorgeous arches all day long. The pretty palm-sized kit (just 2.25” x 1.75” x 1”!) is decorated with Urban Decay graphics, includes a mirror, and fits perfectly into your makeup bag.
Tips = Use one brow color, or blend both to create your most natural shade. Try the lighter shade during the day, and the darker shade for a more dramatic night look.
Fill Weight = Powder 1.3g / 0.04US oz; Wax 1.4g / 0.05 US oz
Brow Powder Ingredients = Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Nylon-12, Octyldodecanol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
Brow Wax Ingredients = Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Beeswax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
All Shades and Wax May Contain = Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake)
Price = $29.00 USD

Urban Decay can be found at your local Sephora, or Ulta. If you prefer online shopping you can go to urbandecay.com, sephora.com, ulta.com, or allcosmeticswholesale.com. If you might know where else to get Urban Decay products please post it as a comment.

My Opinion/Review = Urban Decay’s Brow Box is NOW my favorite brow shader! I LOVE how cute and compact it is. It’s just perfect to lug around for on the go use. The packaging of this bad boy is BAD ASS! If you look at the top of the brow box you will see one of Urban Decay’s design etched on a thin piece of metal (I think its metal?)
I like the over all design and arrangement, it’s simply unique.
There are 2 sections to this box. The 1st is one you have to flip open, and you will reveal a big mirror, 2 brow shades, a tiny angled brow brush, and also tiny tweezers.
The 2nd section to the brow box is like a drawer you push to open. Once open you will see a generous amount of brow wax.
The 2 brow shades are designed to pacifically have different purposes. The lightest shader is for the day time look, and the darker shader is for a night look. But I don’t use it so black and white like that, for me it depends on the day and the look I’m going for.
My brows are very important for me; if there is one thing I can’t live without is some kind of brow product. I love how you can easily change the appearance of the way you look with a simply fill in of the brows. Now I’m not saying my natural brows are extremely terrible, but there not perfect, I‘ve a few bold spots and sparse areas.
Okay enough about me, on word to the product. 8D
Here is what it look like when I use the lightest brow shader.

It’s very soft looking, and I think to light on the tail end of my brow, because my brow is so sparse in that area I need more color and definition to it.
Next I use the darkest shader to my brows.
I really like how it looks on my brows, it’s just perfect, and I can practically do this look every day.
The last is using both brow shaders on my brows and I really like the outcome. The shaders work very well together to make the perfect brow color.
Overall the brow shaders are a perfect brow powder I used by far. The shades are soft and easy to use; the colors effortlessly blend to make the look more natural looking, and when applying on the colors it does not apply harsh, but it applies ashy (I don’t mean ashy like, oh my skin looks ashy, but it gives a nice soft color, which you can easily build.)
Moving on to the tiny angle brow brush, when 1st seeing this brush on the Urban Decay website, It look like the bristles were cheap looking, stiff, and harsh to use. But to my surprise it is nice and soft, but still stiff enough without being harsh. The looks above, where I have my brows done, I only used the tiny angled brush. The down fall with this brush would be the fact that it’s to so tiny, it’s a bit hard to grip the handle sometimes.
The tiny tweezers within the brow box, well is tiny, and has the same problem the tiny brush has, it’s hard to grip. Still works very well tho.
Lastly the brow wax, I really don’t see anything special about this brow wax then any brow wax out there, it’s so-so.
Phew! That’s it, hope this post informed you! 8D

=Overall score: ★★★★☆=

Hope You Enjoyed This Entry. Till Next Time!
OX Dizzy
Let me know what you think of Urban Decay Brow Box! Love It Or Hate It?

5 comments:

  1. I like when u use both colors =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading your product reviews! btw, i gave you an award! check out my blog for that. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mimi --- Thank you very much 8D

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have great brows :D I agree brows are really important. I think i can step out with mascara and still want my brows lol

    ReplyDelete